Yes I’m doing the whole resolution thing. I don’t think it’s as cliche as everyone thinks. I know for a fact that I will not be able to complete all of my resolutions, but I think it’s nice to have something to strive for. Of course, I have more goals for the new year besides writing and reading, but I won’t bother listing them here. Here are five things I would like to accomplish this year:
- Submit my book to a literary agent. (Yes, I still haven’t done this yet.)
- Get a short story published in a literary magazine.
- Improve my freelancing career. (It’s looking promising already!)
- Read at least one book a month. (It doesn’t sound like a lot, but I have a pretty demanding schedule.)
- Gain new blog followers. (This will probably happen when I start blogging more regularly.)
There are probably other things I could put down, but those actually seem feasible. The first two will take the most work, but looking back on 2014, I know that a lot can happen in a year. Who knows? Maybe this time next year, this will be the blog of a published author! 🙂
Good luck on your goals for the next year! Don’t be afraid to dream big. As the great philosopher Drake would say, “YOLO.”